Yes, I know a ton of these bloggie awards float around, but I've never gotten one asking for sharing random facts, so I figured this was an opportunity for a little get to know you...
Thank you Julie at Hotlegs Runner, for passing on The Versatile Blogger award...
1. I went through and graduated from USMC Officer Candidate School (i.e. boot camp). I turned down my commission to accept a job at a large defense contractor.
2. I worked at this large defense contractor for 8 years prior to quitting to stay home with my kids (I had 2 at the time, but now have 3). I spent about half those years working on the proposal for the largest defense contract ever and the other half doing "war game" simulations.
3. While I held down my full-time engineering job, I was also a professional bellydancer by night. (See, I knew I could shock at least a few of you.) I stopped post-kids (mostly due to time constraints), but still have most of my costumes.
4. I may seem crazy at times, but in reality, I'm pretty conservative (yes, despite my last mentioned profession).
5. I was never an athlete growing up... I was a clutz and a nerd. I'm still shocked that I'm even semi-athletic now.
6. I don't do yardwork. EVER. I hate it. Thankfully, my husband babies the yard as if he carried it in his own womb for 9 months.
7. I have a business specializing in chainmaille jewelry. I love it. It's almost as therapeutic as running to sit and weave hundreds of little rings together. However, I really hate the "selling it" part. But silver is uber-expensive, and I have to support the habit.
Is that random enough???
And now I'm supposed to pass on this award... but I think most blogs I read have already done this... but if you haven't and you'd like to share, I'd love to hear YOUR 7 random facts.